Financial Aid Seminars
Parents... Learn About the College Financial Aid Process and How Your Family Could be Impacted.
OMH College Planners, Inc. works with several local area high schools and presents a financial aid planning seminar at the high schools financial aid planning night. Please see our events page for upcoming seminars.
So, whether your children homeschool, go to private school, or attend public school, as parents you can be faced with the daunting task of the costs of college. As you probably know, the costs of most private colleges are going up between 6-10% per year. It is never too early to start the process of financial aid planning. There can be strategies to put you in a better position when applying for college financial aid.
Our seminar is going to help you answer some questions and clear up the fog on the financial aid process. Come see a different and powerful approach to financial aid planning strategies that so many families have found invaluable. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that you are not eligible for college financial aid!
The Following Topics Will Be Discussed:
- A general explanation of the financial aid process, the pertinent financial aid forms, a general explanation of the two different formula methodologies, and how to evaluate an award letter
- Are financial aid packages set in stone?
- Can we “shop” the financial aid packages?
- What about deadlines? Should we be concerned about them?
- Are you single or remarried parents? Who and what information do we put on the financial aid forms?
- How are 529 Education Savings Plans Treated? Do they help or hurt?
- How are parental and student assets assessed?
- What types of assets are reported and assessed?
- Can you make someone Independent for financial aid purposes?
- How is my income treated?
- What about the students’ income?
- How is a business, real estate, or rental property treated?
- What do they mean by report the “value” of my assets?
- There will be a Q&A session at the end of the seminar!
- This seminar is truly COMPLIMENTARY, NO OBLIGATION OR COST!