The Principles of Retirement Planning
The Principles of Retirement Planning is a course for those 50 and up who want to know the principles and strategies involved in developing a retirement income that lasts for 30 to 40 years.
The materials cover varied aspects of retirement income planning, such as long life income challenges, excess taxation, inflation, healthcare expenses, aspects of making a financial decision, six areas where income is derived for retirement, and income goal setting, while highlighting the ABC Planning Model.
The objectives of this course are to provide you with the tools, insight, and proven strategies that will allow you to build a retirement plan that you are confident will achieve the goals you set for your retirement. This course will teach you easy-to-understand strategies on how to save money on taxes, manage investment risks, and create the income stream for the retirement that you want. By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the development of risk in the markets
- Strategically allocate your assets in a conservative manner
- Develop an income plan for your retirement
- Know the difference between fixed principal and fixed income assets and how to use them
- Develop your own financial profile
- Know what questions to ask a potential advisor
- Determine your own personal risk tolerance
- Develop your own retirement budget